10 - CL100 - Online Lecture Series w/ tests and Certificate - Intro to Programmable Logic Controllers
A lecture series that is a prerequisite for and supports CL101 – Basic Programming with RSLogix500.
This course along with the lab project courses, CL101-CL102 & CL103, is the “Complete PLCLearn Series”. Some of the lectures are identical to those in the Lecture Disk Set that can be purchased along with the 200 page manual, The Complete PLCLearn Series and the disk sets for all of the labs in the manual. This lecture course has additional videos and some that were re-recorded at a higher resolution than the originals. This is everything available in hard copy and MORE.
It is recommended that you do not register for CL101 – Basic Programming with RSLogix500 until you have completed enough of this course to determine upon which platform you are going to complete the lab projects. Either a hardware trainer with a real PLC or using Emulate 500.
Each lecture, with the exception of two, is preceded by and followed with a test. The pretest does not have to be completed or passed to continue to the next module, but the posttest does have to be completed and passed to continue. Both tests contain the same questions, the goal is to allow you to compare before and after to decide whether or not you want to repeat the module and to provide an additional reinforcement of your new knowledge.
Certificates are issued upon completion of the course.
If purchased out of the PLC eUniversity Bookstore, our staff will receive a notification from PayPal and they will assign you to the course using your email address and a password that we will assign to you and then email to you. This will allow you to log on to the Learning Management System site and attend the course.
The course duration is limited to 60 days from the date of your first log on.
This lecture series is comprised of presentations:
- Introduction to the course – 16m
- The basics of Electricity and Magnetism Pt.1 – 32m
- The basics of Electricity and Magnetism Pt.2 – 28m
- The basics of Electricity and Magnetism Pt.1 – 56m
- The Fundamentals of Programmable Logic Controllers Pt.1 – 34m
- The Fundamentals of Programmable Logic Controllers Pt.2 – 29m
- The Fundamentals of Programmable Logic Controllers Pt.3 – 40m
- The Fundamentals of Programmable Logic Controllers Pt.4 – 29m
- The Fundamentals of Programmable Logic Controllers Pt.5 – 25m
- Building a Hardware Trainer Pt.1 – 21m
- Building a Hardware Trainer Pt.2 – 20m
- Building a Hardware Trainer Pt.3 – 28m
- Using the RS500 Emulator – 20m
- The Evolution of the Industrial Control System – 8m
- Computer Control of Machines – 34m
- Pencil and the Paychecks, a PLC Allegory – 7m
- PLC Hardware – 8m
- The Original Rack of Memory – 11m
- Memory Mapping of a PLC – 40m
- I/O Data Structures – 28m
- Scanning Input and Output Modules on the Backplane – 16m
- Program Files vs. Data Files 16m
- What is RSLinx Pt.1 – 17m
- What is RSLinx Pt.2 – 35m
- What is RSLinx Pt.3 – 10m