24 - CompactLogix Learning/Development Station w/ Digital Field Device Simulator
Please read this carefully and completely before you purchase this lab station:
The distributor's price for the four components that make up the CompactLogix PAC system is $2,644.40, this is the price for NEW off of the shelf at the distributor with their warranty. For that reason, we have acquired a reliable source of used controller hardware to install on this lab station. All other components are new and unused. All of the hardware that we include with these lab stations is well tested and guaranteed for 30 days. This CompactLogix controller with I/O is used hardware.
Allow 7-20 business days for delivery, we stock this item in limited quantities. Custom assemblies are available upon request.
It can be purchased with new controller hardware as well, send us an email with a description of the hardware that you want and we will quote it for you.
This lab station includes:
- An L31 CompactLogix processor with two RS-232 ports.
- A power supply with a 6' line cord for 120/240 vac power.
- A combination I/O module, six digital inputs and for relay outputs
- An end cap that terminates the backplane, this is required.
- A Universal Digital Field Device Simulator (DFDS-24-1) connected to the RTB (removable terminal block) on the combo I/O module. Two of the conductors are folded back in case you want to use this device with separate input and output modules in the future. This simulator supports six inputs and six outputs. Read below for a full description.
- A 24vdc power adapter that plugs into the DFDS-24-1.
- A Universal Learning/Development Lab Station, fixed angle. Ready for future expansions such as the Universal Analog Field Device Simulator and many DIN rail mounted devices. Read a more complete description below.
- A USB to RS-232 adapter. A serial communications cable compatible with the 1756-CP3..
A universal I/O simulator with six multipurpose input simulators and six highly visible output simulators:
This field device simulator can be integrated with any controller, any size and any brand.
1. Six multipurpose input field device simulators:
Multi-state simulator; using a selector switch or a pushbutton alone can be awkward to operate when exercising your logic in the controller.
The electrical interface (field wiring) to the six input field device simulation is one common conductor to all six pairs of switches and one dedicated conductor per pair for landing on the I/O modules terminal block. They are not polarity sensitive, they are all dry contacts.
Maintained ON or Maintained Off - There are instances that you would like to change the state of a simulated input field device and leave it in that state indefinitely.
Normally Open or Normally Closed - There are other situations where a single hand motion to change the state momentarily reduces distraction from concentrating on the code and not the simulation of field devices. This is where a pushbutton is the best solution.
In most cases... A normally open pushbutton will suffice for the quick momentary change of state and for that reason all six of our input field device simulators have an adjacent pushbutton that functions as normally open when the toggle switch is in the maintained off position.
In00 - four state simulation:
Maintained Off or Normally Open
Maintained On or Normally Closed
Ino1, Ino2, Ino3, Ino4 and In05 - three state simulation:
Maintained Off or Normally Open
2. Six highly visible illuminated indicators as output field device simulators:
The electrical interface (field wiring) to the six output field device simulation is one common conductor to all six 24vdc LED illuminated pushbuttons connected to the negative (ovdc - common) terminal of the indicators and one dedicated conductor per indicator for landing on the I/O modules terminal block. They are polarity sensitive, negative common and positive (24vdc) from each output terminal to each indicator. Integration with relay output modules is the simplest. Make sure that your output module is compatible with this circuit type.
Larger and multicolor indicators allow quicker determination of the state of the outputs controlled by your controller
3. The enclosure has dual 24vdc power connectors connected in parallel to allow daisy chaining to additional field device simulations.
We include a 24vdc power adapter with this field device simulator. The power adapter has sufficient capacity to power at least two of our field device simulators.
We have not posted a photo of the power adapter because the physical form may vary, but not the capacity.
4. The enclosure is professionally machined and digitally printed.
This package includes everything that you need to learn RSLogix5000 and the Logix Engine, except the laptop, software and the training manual/videos.
Universal Learning/Development Lab Station
This universal lab station will accept any DIN rail mounted processor that will fit within the 12" width and 7.25" height. The DIN rail can be removed for mounting non-DIN rail chassis and processors.
The stand comes standard with two DIN rails: a horizontal rail for mounting controllers, chassis, power supply and any DIN rail mounted hardware. The 8" vertical DIN rail can be relocated anywhere in the lower section. The vertical side extrusions will accept T-Nuts to allow horizontal mounted DIN rails in the lower section.
The standard stand comes with two pairs of slide nuts and bolts to accept the Digital Field Device Simulator and the Analog Field Device Simulator as shown in the gallery photos.
The vertical frame is shown in the off center/rear position, but it can be moved to the center of the base for controller hardware that has less depth than the examples shown.
The stand is assembled with very high quality black anodized aluminum extrusion. It can be completely disassembled with a set of Allen wrenches.
The base has four no-slip scuff proof rubber pads. The footprint provides a very high stability. It is very difficult to tip this stand over, even void of mounted equipment.
This station can be upgraded to an Ethernet processor and/or the adjustable stand upon request.