11 - Online RS500 Course - CL101 – Basics Programming with RSLogix500
This is a lab project series with lab discussion/lectures. It is recommended that you complete at least the first half of CL100 – Introduction to Programmable Logic Controllers before you begin this course.
This Basics course along with the Advanced l (CL102) and Advanced II (CL103) lab project courses and the lecture series course (CL100) is the “Complete PLCLearn Series”. The lab projects are identical to those in the Complete PLCLearn Series lab project manual available in our bookstore at PLC eUniversity. It is not necessary that you purchase the manual to complete this course. All of the projects are contained in the modules in this course. It might be more convenient to purchase the manual for offsite study, but unnecessary nonetheless. Do not register until you have your hardware trainer or emulator in hand and the software needed loaded onto your computer.
It is recommended that you do not register for this course until you have completed enough of CL100 – Introduction to Programmable Logic Controllers, this will allow you to determine upon which platform you are going to complete the lab projects, either a hardware trainer with a real PLC or using Emulate 500.
Most of the lab projects are followed by a lab lecture/discussion. There are several lectures from other courses that are repeated in this course to make it a standalone course and for your convenience.
Certificates are issued upon completion of the course.
If purchased out of the PLC eUniversity Bookstore, our staff will receive a notification from PayPal and they will assign you to the course using your email address and a password that we will assign to you and then email to you. This will allow you to log on to the Learning Management System site and attend the course.
The course duration is limited to 30 days from the date of your first log on.
This lab project series is comprised of these modules:
- Introduction to the course – 5m
- Configuring RSLinx drivers – Lab
- Configuring RSlinx drivers – Discussion/Lecture – 38m
- Configuring Communication Channels – Lab
- Configuring Communication Channels – Discussion/Lecture – 50m
- Navigation and editing of the Database – Lab
- Navigation and editing of the Database – Discussion/Lecture – 9m
- Exploring the Database – Discussion/Lecture
- Database Editing from Your Keyboard – Discussion/Lecture – 8m
- A Tale of Two Computers, a PLC Allegory – Lecture – 8m
- Saving your Project, Downloading and going Online – Lab
- Using the Help Files – Lecture/Demonstration – 40m
- Creating and Editing Ladder Logic Diagrams – Lab
- Offline vs. Online – Discussion/Lecture – 12m
- Downloading Edited LLDs and going Online – Lab
- Downloading Edited LLDs and going Online – Discussion/Lecture – 19m
- Ladder Logic Diagrams – Lab
- Ladder Logic Diagrams – Discussion/Lecture – 8m
- The One Shot Instruction – Lab
- The One Shot Instruction – Discussion/Lecture – 8m
- Online Edit Zones – Lab/Demo
- First Timers – Lab
- First Timers – Discussion/Lecture – 35m
- TON vs. TOF Instructions – Lab
- Retentive Timers RTO – Lab
- Free Running Timer – Lab
- Cylinder Application with Timers – Lab
- Counters CTU/CTD – Lab
- Counters – Discussion/Lecture – 12m
- Opening Projects from the Hard Drive – Lab
- Opening Projects from the Hard Drive – Discussion/Lecture/Demo
- Configuring the Display – Lab
- Going Online without a Project – Lab
- Going Online with a Project – Lab
- Using the Search Feature – Lab
- RSLinx Pt.1 – Lecture/Demo – 17m
- RSLinx Pt.2 – Lecture/Demo – 35m
- RSLinx Pt.3 – Lecture/Demo – 10m